Monday, July 25, 2011

Putting Up. Again


It's time to Swim in Tomatoes!  A few weeks ago we went out to Crabtree and pulled up irrigation tape in trade for 2nds tomatoes.  That means they are spotty and need to be dealt with.


So I dealt with them.  Next time I'm just using a freezer, I've got enough jars to satisfy that desire a lady has to see colorful gems of jars lined tidily up on shelves- waiting for "hard times".  (Winter).

eggplant tomato relish (in background)

Books I used:

Canning For a New Generation.  I don't do Facebook but they do.  You should at least get their real book, even if you aren't interested their face.

The Joy of Pickling by Linda Ziedrich.

But there are lots more.  If you have a favorite canning/pickling book let me know.  I'd really love to get some newer ideas.  For next tomato season.


tomato "chutney" with ginger and fenugreek 

No comments: